Halloween is just around the corner; do you have your decorations already? Here’s a chance to recycle those baby food jars you couldn’t let go of. An easy to make halloween decoration idea you and your kids can make at home: Spooky specimen jars! This project is made with kid-friendly (mostly food) materials.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Steps to make spooky halloween specimen jars:
2. Trace the round bottle covers on the label stickers and cut them up for later use.
3. Place the candies and creepy toys in the jars. Worms, eyes, aliens, animals and other halloween shapes work best. You can buy an assortment of these from the dollar store. Use one bottle for every type of specimen. You can draw additional details like black pupils on white balls to make eyeballs.
6. While waiting for the ramen noodles to soften, grab a different colored mix drink and prepare it in a glass. Pour the mixture in a specimen jar you prepared earlier. Try to use a different color/flavor for every jar to create variety. Some coffee or food coloring will also work.
7. Partly drain the softened noodles and transfer them into a new jar. The noodles should be pinkish from being soaked in red drink.
8. Cover the specimen jars and wrap the lid sides with masking tape to hide any writings. You can add some other materials to make them look ancient.
9. Write down spooky details on the label stickers and stick them on the lids. Use weird or fictitious creatures such as flying vampire fangs or genius goblin brain. Put additional information like collection date, experiment number and other interesting made-up facts.
Your specimen bottle jars are now ready to display. They’ll look great stacked together as a table centerpiece or sitting on the windowsill for the trick-or-treaters to see. Toy specimens last for weeks while candy specimens only last a couple of days.
Those small baby food jars keep piling up, don’t they? Don’t throw them away! Reuse them for arts and crafts or to store little nick nacks around the house. For some great ideas, read on. […]
Baby bottles are a necessity whether you choose to breastfeed or bottle feed your baby. There are a lot of choices when it comes to design and function when buying baby bottles but one of the most important things to consider is durability. The good kinds of feeding bottles can cost up to $7 or […]
Halloween is always an exciting time for kids because it’s the only time of the year when they can get free candies while dressed up as their favorite character. Parents can also enjoy this time by taking lots of pictures of their child or even take part in the celebration by dressing up as well. Celebrating […]
Breastfeeding is the one of the earliest, and probably the most gratifying bonding moment a mother can have with her baby. Breast milk, aside from being the best for baby, is also the best for parents. It is economical and convenient. Sadly, it is inevitable that a time will come when a mother needs to […]
It’s so easy to get carried away when shopping for baby items. Parents like to get the latest and the cutest things for their babies. They usually find themselves making unnecessary purchases, which run up the bill. Think ‘simple’ when buying baby stuff to save money. Don’t compare yourself to other mommies and don’t fall prey […]