A homemade diaper wreath makes a great baby shower gift. All babies need diapers, and this is a unique and inexpensive way to present them. A diaper wreath is easy to make and you can personalize it to your budget and liking.
Here’s what you’ll need:
How to do it:
1. First, create the wreath base. Assemble the hangers into a pentagon (5-point) shape with the hooks on the outer side. You may use laundry tubes or styrofoam bases but those quickly end up in trash. Using small hangers, on the other hand, is more economical.
2. Connect the hangers tightly using strings or twist wires. You may need to overlap the hanger corners to get a more secure hold. Make sure your base won’t sag when hung upright. It needs to hold the weight of the diapers and baby items you plan to give.
3. Next, open the diapers and start wrapping them around the outer ring of the wreath base. Do not open the gartered diaper skirting. Make sure the diapers cover all the hanger hooks except for one which will be used to hang it when it’s finished. You should use about 15-20 diapers for this.
4. Secure each diaper with a curling ribbon. You may use multiple colors for a more festive look. To curl the ribbons, use the blunt side of your scissors and run it across the ribbon while pressing it on your finger. Curling the ribbons takes a little getting used to but you’ll soon be comfortable once you find your technique.
6. Add the ‘ornaments’ using ribbons. For a baby shower diaper wreath, use newborn baby essentials like feeding bottles, wash cloths, pacifier, utensils, socks and more. Your diaper wreath will look better when you use color-coordinated ornaments. You can add an additional stuffed toy or a big ribbon to make it more eye-catching.
7. Lastly, attach a gift tag on your creation. Your diaper wreath is now ready to be hung!
Brighten up a nursery door or hospital room door with a diaper wreath and let everybody know that a baby is being welcomed. You can modify this project for an older baby by using bigger-sized diapers and age appropriate ‘ornaments’.
I realized that after you have kids, you will never be on time to an event again. Yesterday, we were supposed to be at my in-law’s place by 1:30 pm. Didn’t get there until 2 pm. Then later that evening… […]
Diapering is a necessary part of a baby’s life. It’s a required expenditure for any baby. But disposable pants may make you feel as if your money is being thrown in the trash every time you change diapers. It’s only natural for parents to find ways to save money on diapering costs. Here are some […]
A diaper rash is not a serious problem, but it can be really uncomfortable for your baby. It is most common among babies between the ages of 9 and 12 months. The usual cause of a diaper rash is prolonged exposure from urine and stool, which can be irritating to a baby’s sensitive skin. A […]
Baby showers have become more creative and modern these days. The party host must exert extra effort to come up with a unique party theme, food and exciting games. As a guest, you are in charge of delighting and impressing the expectant mother by giving her a wonderful gift. Choosing a baby shower gift can be […]
A book Christmas tree is an easy project you and your kids can get busy with without spending much. The freezing weather outside may make the kids bored in the house so here’s something they can do indoors and it doesn’t create a lot of mess, too! They won’t even need scissors to do this. A […]